Jens-Erik Skaaning

Jens-Erik Skaaning
My name is Erik Skaaning, and I'm lucky enough to live in the greatest place on Earth! British Columbia. Bowhunting and Flyfishing are my life. As a professional guide since 1995,I've been helping others from around the world, realize their dreams. I hope you enjoy following along on some of my adventures below.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Fishing for dinosaurs!

Well, even though I consider myself a diehard fly fisherman, I would have to admit I have a soft spot for one creature that requires a little different technique. The White Sturgeon are a slow growing, bottom feeder, that are a blast to fish for! We use a variety of baits, and some heavy gear when targeting these ancient fish. I had the pleasure of fishing with four guy's from the Mission area yesterday. The day started off as usual, with a few missed opportunities. The key to sturgeon fishing is knowing when and how to set the hook. With a quick lesson and a few practice swings it wasn't long before we were into fish. In the end we ended up landing fish in the double digits, with a few of them measuring over five feet! Just another great day at the "office", with some great guy's!
A few pics from our morning, enjoy.......






No comments:

Post a Comment