Jens-Erik Skaaning

Jens-Erik Skaaning
My name is Erik Skaaning, and I'm lucky enough to live in the greatest place on Earth! British Columbia. Bowhunting and Flyfishing are my life. As a professional guide since 1995,I've been helping others from around the world, realize their dreams. I hope you enjoy following along on some of my adventures below.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Last minute goose hunt :)

Well when you get an opportunity to have a morning off at this time of year you'd better make the most of it! It's doubly important, once you find out your waterfowling partner also has it off!!! Working every day this time of year has meant that I have never taken advantage of the early Canada Goose opening that we get from September 1st to 9th where I live. Long story short, a plan was formulated, and my buddy Chad and myself were blasting upriver at first light to set up some decoys for the morning flight. The first set of birds came gliding right in like something out of a movie but passed just right of our spread out of range and landed!!!  Our camo, and cover must have worked well as they didn't know we were there. The next flight came in shortly after but a few of them ventured a little too close for thier own good lol!! Enjoy some pics from a great morning off. Mmmmm goose!!







No comments:

Post a Comment